How Your Kids Will Manage A Billion Dollars, with Luke Hohmann
In this episode we are joined by my friend Luke Hohmann, who is the founder of an incredible company called FirstRoot, who's technology allows young people to invest real money, in real proposals ... and it has created incredible outcomes.
Luke's FirstRoot model sets kids up for learning financial literacy through participatory budgeting, core life skills, civics and design thinking.
When we think of safety for our children, how often do we consider how prepared they are for financial well-being and security? Well, FirstRoot is an amazing step in that direction; learn how you can get involved.
In this episode you will learn about:
- Participatory budgeting in schools and at home, for kids.
- Steps to building strong financial literacy for your kids.
- The role of civics in financial literacy , and what it means for kids.
- How Luke is going to put $1B in the hands of kids to manage.
- How you and your schools can get involved with FirstRoot.
CONNECT WITH LUKE HOHMANN
FirstRoot Website: FirstRoot
Luke is one of the world’s leading experts on applying Participatory Budgeting at scale, both in communities and in business settings.
Prior to founding FirstRoot, Luke started Conteneo, an enterprise software platform for collaborative decision making based on game theory.
The author of four books, Luke has been cited as an inventor in more than a dozen patents and is an internationally recognized expert in Agile Software Development.
START TRAINING YOUR KIDS NOW
Here’s a complimentary lesson I made for channel listeners on the 3 Discussions you must have with your kids about safety and survival. It’s only ten minutes long, but could be a life saving 10 minutes of your time spent.
CONNECT AND LEARN MORE
What can you do to support this channel?
- Subscribe, every new listener counts to us
- Engage, we are a community who supports each other
- Leave a review, let us know what you think
- Share, know others who may get some value - then share our channel